Dear Travel Partners,
The governments in Southeast Asia have implemented more serious measures to reduce the risk of importing and spreading of COVID-19.
Below is the latest update. However, please note the information is changing rapidly here in Southeast Asia and requirements may change with little or no notice. We will try to update as quickly as possible.
VIETNAM – MUST POSTPONE TRAVEL
- Vietnam has stopped issuing visa for foreigners entering Vietnam from 00:00 of 18th of March 2020 for the next 30 days period
- All travelers (ANY NATIONALITY) entering Vietnam from another ASEAN country are subject to a health check and mandatory 14-day quarantine effective from 00:00 of 18th of March 2020 for the next 30 days
- For anyone still in Vietnam, they are fine and should be able to leave normally however travelling to other ASEAN countries could be problematic
- Most bars, clubs and tourist sites throughout the country are closed
- Do not attempt to travel to Vietnam at this time
CAMBODIA – MUST POSTPONE TRAVEL
- Cambodia announced a 30-day entry ban on nationals from Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the US; and a ban on cruise ships and riverboats entering Cambodia
- Entertainment venues have been forced to close, such as Phare circus, many bars and some tourist sites
THAILAND – STRONGLY ADVISE TO POSTPONE TRAVEL
- The Kingdom of Thailand has announced all tourists arriving from China, Hong Kong, Iran, Italy, South Korea or Macao must have Health Certificate and Lab Test results to prove they are free from COVID-19. The Health Certificate and Lab Test must be issued 2 days before departure
- Nationals of Mexico, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu can no longer get a visa on arrival. They must apply in advance. Tourists coming from Italy are no longer visa-exempt.
- We understand many bars, restaurants, clubs and many tourist sites throughout the country will soon be closed.
MYANMAR – MUST POSTPONE TRAVEL
- Myanmar immigration is blocking foreigners' entry to Myanmar or requiring 14-day quarantine
- Do not attempt to travel to Myanmar at this time
INDONESIA – MUST POSTPONE TRAVEL
- The Indonesian government has suspended its visa exemption policy and visa-on-arrival for ALL countries., effective 20 March until April 10, 2020
- All visitors wanting to visit Indonesia must apply for visa at an embassy abroad
- Do not attempt to travel to Indonesia at this time
MALAYSIA – MUST POSTPONE TRAVEL
- Malaysia has banned the entry of all foreign tourist from 18 March 2020 until at least 31 March 2020.
- Do not attempt to travel to Malaysia at this time
SINGAPORE – BEST TO POSTPONE TRAVEL
We are in touch with and supporting all guests currently travelling with us in Southeast Asia. Our guests' safety is our top priority.
- Singapore government requires 14 days Stay-At-Home quarantine for ANYONE arriving from ASEAN, Switzerland, UK, Japan
- Total ban on tourist arriving from Italy, France, Germany, and Spain
We are working round-the-clock to monitor the situation and provide updates to all our travel partners and clients as needed. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at CARE@trailsofindochina.com
Trails of Indochina
17 March 2020
21:00 VN Time