Dear Travel Partners,
Please be advised, Vietnam is taking more major actions to halt the spread of COVID-19 here in Vietnam. These changes may cause disruptions to travel plans.
VISA CHANGES FOR EU & UK
Following earlier announcement that visa exemption would be suspended for 7 European Union (EU) members and the U.K. (Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, France, Germany, and Spain), there is new information today about Vietnam Visa on Arrival suspension for these same countries.
- Based on the information we are receiving from Immigration and our contacts at Vietnam Embassies abroad, we understand that Vietnam Embassies in UK & EU are not approving Visas until further notice. The Embassies are relying on the central immigration department, in Vietnam, to decide to approve or deny the visas.
- Therefore, for any Vietnam Visa applications for the 7 EU countries + UK, we can apply for the Visa approval for you.
- Please send full passport details + onward flights through to your sales consultant and we will apply for the visa approval letter.
- Once approved, the decision is sent via letter to us, and also to the embassy abroad. This is called the Visa Approval Letter.
- After the letter is issued, the guest must present at the embassy abroad to collect the visa.
- We understand this process may take 3-5 working days. However, please note this is a new policy and procedure so one could expect delays.
HALONG BAY CLOSURE
Halong Bay will be closed from tomorrow (12-March) for at least 2 weeks. No day or overnight cruises allowed.
Reminder - Lan Ha Bay, which has already been closed for several days, remains closed until further notice.
Our team will be in touch for affected bookings yet to arrive and on the ground we are ready to support with alternative arrangements for affected bookings.
Some tourist sites have been closed for everyone's safety. Please see list below:
- Museum of Ethnology (10th-15th of Mar)
- Ngoc Son temple (until further notice)
- Hoa Lo Prison (until further notice)
- Lune production: A O, The Mist, My Village… (09th -15th of Mar)
- Dao Thuc Village (until further notice)
- Bong Sen Water puppet show (10 Mar)
- Tam Coc, Thung Nang, Thung Nham: Row boat service is no longer provided
- Duong Lam village (Will not welcome tourists until further notice)
- Tonkin show (until 31st of Mar)
- Ba Vi (11th – 30th of Mar)
- Truc Chi Art (9th – 30th of Mar)
- Thanh Toan, Kim Long, Thuy Bieu village (local community will not be welcoming tourists)
- Ba Na Golf Club (until further notice)
- Montgomerie Links Golf Club (until further notice)
- Lune production: A O, The Mist, My Village… (09th -15 th of Mar)
- Triem Tay Village (10th of Mar – June)
- Evening sidewalk food tour (until further notice)
- Cham Island (until further notice)
- Hoi An Memory show (until 31st of Mar)
- Ly Son island will stop receiving foreign tourists from the 09th of Mar until further notice
NHA TRANG/DA LAT/PHU QUOC
- Will stop receiving tourists from 11th of Mar until further notice
HO CHI MINH
- The Saigon Opera House and all concerts/events (16th – 31st of Mar)
We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you updated.
Please contact us should you require further information and assistance at CARE@trailsofindochina.com